The open exchange of ideas and the freedom of thought and expression are central to the aims and goals of QIP; these require an environment that fosters dignity, understanding, and mutual respect, and that embraces diversity. The organizers of QIP 2024 are committed to an inclusive conference experience, respectful of all participants and free of discrimination, harassment, bullying, or retaliation. All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers at QIP 2024 are expected to read and agree with the following code of conduct. It applies to all event venues as well as event-related social activities.
We expect all participants in QIP 2024 activities to:
- Exercise respect in your speech and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Abstain from making use of sexual & sexualized imagery in talks and posters.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and your fellow participants: for example, other people may hear inappropriate comments even if they are not your intended audience.
- Alert community leaders and get involved (if safe and possible) when you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this policy, even if they seem inconsequential.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the conference a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference.
Emergency Services (Police, Ambulance)
In an emergency, you can contact the local police by dialling the emergency number 110.